Re: Fuel Enrichment Device

> Ahh yes,  I was thinking of doing this myself,  The way I saw it,  the
> only
> thing the module is doing is changin the current comming from the temp
> sensor
> on the side of the block, this "tricks" the computer into thinking the
> engine
> is colder that it really is, which then enriches the mix.  If you have
> the EC
> then you have the numbers (18.5mA or something?) So all you "should"
> have to
> do is make the computer see XXMa when the full throttle switch is
> pressed.
> I have heard the TT module is nothing more than a relay and a resistor!
> (the resistor is replaced by a pot for the $225 adjustable one).  This
> project should cost no more than $25 (If it works how I think it works).
>

> Heres how I worked it,
>

>  |----------|/|------------>To ECU
>  |               |
>  |              ---
>  S              ---
>  |               R
>  |               |
>  |----------|/|------------>To ECU
>

> S = Temp sensor
> R = Resistor
> |/| = Normally closed contacts
> | | = Normally open
>
> The logic,
>
> Full throttle switch is closed,
> NC contacts are broken
> NO are closed
> ECU now sees preset current decided by fixed resistor value.
>
> Simple, no?  The only problem is there is no way to really
> test it, unless it makes a fairly big difference.
>
> Let me know what you come up with.
>
> TTYL
> Etrik

You win the prize!  You've correctly described how the TT device works.  Now
two questions need to be answered:

1. What's the resistance value for to drive correct fuel/air ratio at WOT?
2. Under what circumstances does the OX drive the control pressure regulator
into a 40 second enrichment condition?

I'm going to answer both of those questions.

As for testing it...if you run the Bentley manual tests on your control systems,
sensors, and stock enrichment devices, then you test your additions...and
everything checks out, how could it not work? :-)

I'll keep you posted.

==Brett