clutch question

> Assuming you're dealing with original drive trains, the clutches are the
> same. The 210 mm flywheel/clutch was used on the JH equiped (83-84 & on)
> US models. All prior US models came with 190mm.

I *think* I have an original drivetrain, but I don't know for sure.
Shawn says that the "H" on the block means that the motor was built
in Germany for a Horizon, so there's at least the possibility that it
was swapped at some point.  I really don't think so, though; the car
just feels too much of a piece.

> Spring for the new clutch - a complete kit can be had for less than $100.

If I have the money, that's what I'll do.  I believe I can adjust
some slack out of it, and if that can hold it 'till tax-refund time,
I'll definitely get a new one.  I only want to do the job once!  If
it goes out before then, though...

> Ahhh 1981 . . .  what color?

A very well-preserved gold.  Believe it or not, all three of my
'roccos were gold!  That's not by choice; I just bought what I could
find.  One is primer gray, the other white, and the driver is the
original paint.  I mean, you wouldn't believe this car is seventeen
years old if you saw it!

Carlee
'77, '78 and '81 Sciroccos