From: clfitz@ns1.cwv.net
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Thanks, clutch question
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 14:31:01 +0000

Hey, everyone!

I just wanted to thank everyone for the help with my '81.

I've just about got it in new condition, drivetrain-wise.  New struts
and springs at all four corners (stolen from my '77, which will
probably never run again), new front wheel bearing and one front hub,
replaced an injector, replaced alternator.  Put in the beginnings of
a cool stereo, too.  While I was at it, I got rid of a few squeaks
and rattles; just had to tighten the occasional nut or screw.

I guess I'm gonna have to put a clutch in it, though.  I plan to
swipe the one from the '77, if it'll fit.  I seem to recall there
being two sizes of disc, or something.  Does anybody know if the '77
clutch will go in my '81?

I'm tellin' ya, it feels like a new car!!  Quiet, steady, turns like
a demon, excellent in rain and snow.  I swear, I think it's faster
than my Z-28, which ain't no slouch.  I *know* it's more comfortable
to drive.

I love this car!

Carlee