Re: question re: loose-feel shifter?

David Liu wrote:

> hey there again!
>
> i just noticed today that while engaged in gear, the shifter has about 1+"
> of play from side to side. i can also now hear the shift mechanism clicking
> and clacking. does this mean the shift boot (if there is one) is broken?
> what gives? thanks all!
Dave, all you probably need is a shifter bushing kit available from Mark
at Adirondack or Potterman at Virual Parts (co-champions in my book).
About $20 or $30 dollars.  All you have to do is get under the car, and
exchange each bushing, and you'll swear you changed trannies!

Jim
--
VW Parts to go:
… 14 x 6" alloy wheels, 38mm offset, very similar to (and better, in my

(All prices do not include shipping)  I will ship all parts C.O.D.
e-mail me at VWpride@mixi.net