Re: random camberplate note

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Greg Faust wrote:

> Was the plate an A1 style or A2/A3 style?  The latter uses 5 or 6 mounting
> bolts whereas the A1 uses only two.  Just asking because I was considering them
> in the distant future.  Supposedly Eurosport sells all parts seperately incase
> you bend them but I would hope you get more than 50 miles on them!  Anyone else
> have any experience with camber plates?

If it's the ones that I saw, they were the A1 2-bolt style.  They were very
much bent after the event - a little bent before, maybe.  They really
looked cheap, too.  It didn't look like a lot of thought had gone into
them.

I've had Ground Control plates on for a while (4 mounting bolts), and they've
been great so far.  They're actually rotated 90 degrees, so they look more
like caster plates in my car (even with the main adjustment pointing in the
fore-aft direction, I still had to back off the camber adjustment at the
bottom of the strut to get back down to 2 degrees or so).  Dramatic difference
in handling... mainly due to the caster.  I'll take a picture of them at
lunch (mmmm... digital camera...) and post them on a server here so you can
see what they look like.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/