Glass removal

Emergency! Does anyone have some helpful hints on getting the windshield
out of a early Scirocco without breaking it or damaging the gasket? If I
can pull it off, I can save myself at least $75 over a shop doing it,
not to mention they say it could very well break when removing it. I'm
actually more concerned about damaging the gasket than breaking the
window cuz I can get the glass cheap. Gasket is around $90. My car's in
the bodyshop awaiting the glass now, so time is of the essence. Without
some good advice I have a feeling the windshield will not survive.

john.ryland@sscoop.com