Powerplant transplant

My 78 project is going along as planned, only at a higher cost than
planned...imagine that. The car is being painted as we speak. Right now
it's got an 85 1.8 in it, but eventually I want to put the A3 2.0 in it.
The thing is, for $1800 (Bugworld's price for conversion, shipped to
Richmond, VA) I want to really feel a difference from the 1.8. Somebody
please give me some encouragement that I'll be satisfied, or else slap
me into reality. This kit comes with everything from the motor & head to
the A/C stuff and a special wiring harness to hook directly to my car.
Some people have suggested that I go with a 2.0 16v, but from what I
understand, the 16V--2.0 or 1.8-- is a much more difficult conversion.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

John Ryland
john.ryland@sscoop.com
(I've got a BUNCH of Mk1 parts for sale cheap. Glass, doors, Corrado
wheels--not BBS, 1.8 L, Neuspeed upper stress, etc. Name your price)