Re: vw bashing

---Greg Faust <FAUSTGE@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU> wrote:
> 2.  I sometimes struggle with a deification of my vw, and
consequently, vw in
> generaly.  My vin too sarts with a "w".  I find myself thinking that
vw is the
> best thing since sliced bread on a regular basis.  I know that
they're not. But
> I love my car, I love to work on my car, and I love to drive my car.
 This
> could be why resale values are so good.  We love our cars.  Sure
theres a
> million grand ams on the road every day, but how many of their
drivers do more
> thatn drive to work with them? (besides the few that drive around on
the
> interstate believing that they're on th e charlotte motor speedway
in an F1.)
> I'm sure vw has problems with their car.  What manufacutuere
doesn't.  I'm sure
> that there are asshole dealers out there with a "vw" on their
business card.
> I remember back int eh 70s when my father had his shop that their
used to be vw
> dealerships everywhere. there were at least 8 in western ny.

Ditto that #2 comment.  And it does kinda suck hear or learn certain
negative things when I tout and tell everyone I meet to buy a VW. :-)

Personally, I would probably drive another Mexican VW over a Japanese
car, even though say a Honda Accord made in Ohio has a 1) better
resale value 2) has had better quality reviews.

I have LOST more money on VW's than I care to discuss, but for the
most part it has been fun and a learning experience.  There was one
low point a few years back where I got so pissed off at 'inheriting'
others problems from the many used VW's, and the less than desireable
experience with my Mexican 1992 Jetta, that I was ready to throw in
the towel and grab an Aisan or Chrysler product.  I am glad however I
did not :-)  If I added up all the $$ I "dumped" into VW's I could
have paid CASH for a NEW Porsche 911 Carrera 4.

Still loyal, still love em,

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
87 Scirocco 16v E-Stock
87 Jetta GLi
63 Bug Sunroof
"Friends don't let friends drive MINI-VANS!!!!"