Re: More strut stuff: SPAX shocks

Good point!  To be honest, I do not know anything about SPAX's North American
support facilities.  I took Stu's word that he would stand behind the shocks.
To me, Stu's word is good.  You may have to hagel with the man some to get
everything the way you want it, but I believe him to be good to his word.  We'll
see.  I do know that Koni won't honor their guarantee if the shocks are used
on a race car.  I would be surprised if any of the manufacturers would.
Some of the comments I've read are making me a little nervous about
the SPAX's.  Several of the negative comments have been about the non-adjust
models...  Don't know if there is a difference.  I hope I don't find out
these negative comments are true, but if I do,  I'll be getting the Konis
next.

>    Do you know if SPAX now has some proper North American representation?  If
>so, then I can see myself considering them as a suspension option again.  The
>ease of replacement matched up with renewed valving processes (or whatever that
>point was u made :)) sounds tasty.
>
>> ps My project scirocco is coming together...  Full coil-over suspension
>>    is in place.  New, built 1.8 motor is getting prep'd to go in, as
>>    is the tranny with a quafe.  Next, full weld in roll cage with
>>    aluminum race seat and 5-pt harnesses.  Then ITS TRACK TIME!
>>    WAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!  I will post more detail on
>>    my project when it is more together (big ;-)
>>
>    Yeah, keep us up-to-date!  The car sounds like it's going to kick some
>serious ass.

I hope it will!  The thing was handling real well with the suspension mods,
but the original 1.8 with 146K miles on it was a little weak.  The new motor
should be a serious kick in the shorts for the car... I can't wait to get it put
together so I can take it for a ride!!!

--
Arthur L. Hunt                       SAS Institute Inc
snoalh@unx.sas.com                   (919) 677-8000 x6876