Re: Next set of Problems!

pushkar ogale wrote:

> Hello All,
>         After replacing the alternator and fixing the current problems I was
> experiencing now it is time to move on to the next set of problems. There
> are 2 that I want to tackle.
>
> 1) The  car has an idle hunting problem: the idle hunts between 1500 and
> 500 rpm. What's the solution to clear that. Sometimes the idle is
> pronounced that the engine may die if clutch is depressed too long. Also
> the tach needle behaves like a very poory dampened oscillator.
>
> 2) My scirocco exhaust is loud: I hate it but it sounds loud from some
> where near the bottom of the downpipe from the exhaust. I have not made a
> serious attempt at detecting a leak or anything. But does not seem to be a
> hole anywhere. It sounds like a loud truck though!
>
> This list has been fantastic so far. I am not a very technical kind of
> person but I can fix all the easy problems. And I have fixed many so far.
> The car in reality drives very fine on the road. It is only the motion from
> complete stop that is irritating as it is not smooth at all. The noise and
> the jerks are amazing.
>
> Since I bought my Scirocco in August, 1996 I have put 11000 miles on it.
> But I have to say that it has nowhere near the reliability of my 1992
> Passat. This car has given me unwanted headaches.

Still, not too bad for a 10 year old car!

Jim

--
A1 parts for sale:
… 14 x 6" alloy wheels, 38mm offset, very similar to TSW Hockenheim R
and the wheels on the new Golf IV with polished lip, 1 month old - $350
(ask and Iíll e-mail you a pic, they really are impressive).
… Borbet Type "C"s 14x6", 38mm offset, six spoke alloys, in great
condition, with added factory VW centercaps.  - $400
… big throttle body with ported & polished intake manifold for 8valve
motor with gaskets - $100
… stock Scirocco 16 valve front swaybar - $30
… Scirocco 16 valve taillight (drivers side) - $30
… Rabbit vinyl front end bra (ripped & repaired) - $10
… Rectangular H4 style headlamps with bulbs - $20 (pair)
… Corrado Steering wheel - $40
… Rabbit 4 button steering wheel - $30
… Dual Outlet Manifold - $100
(All prices do not include shipping)  I will ship all parts C.O.D.
e-mail me at VWpride@mixi.net