WAAAAAAAA!

Mike wrote:

> Is any of this garbage true?
> http://www.well.com/user/kr2/car8.html
>
> http://www.well.com/user/kr2/car14.html
>
> http://www.well.com/user/kr2/car17.html
>
> and if not are we going to just sit here and let him spread lies?
>
> and if so What the hell are we drivin?

What a bunch of bullshit!  Laffed my ass off!  This sounds like a guy
that's throwing a tantrum 'cause VW didn't make his like dear old dad
used to own.  Even if VW made "old" beetles, they would never pass
emmisions, never survive crash tests, and still wouldn't have a friggin
heater that worked!  Sounds like he wants a 21st century car for a 1966
price...he ain't gonna get it...tell him to take his 7,000 from his
penny jar and buy a Hyundai accent.

Next issue:  "Waa, I broke my plastic bumper, cause I don't know what a
mirror is for."  Did this guy obsess on that issue or what?

In regards to Mexican built cars.  They're built as well as the German
ones.  I don't hear anyone bitching about BMW Z3's being built in SC, or
Mercedes' M-Class being built in Alabama.  Sure, any time you start up
both a new platform (A3) and a new factory, you're going to get initial
build quality problems.
That's why VW offers (IMHO) the most comprehensive  warranty in the
industry, 2yrs bumper-to-bumper, and 10 year, 100,000 mile drivetrain
warranty.  In fact, even though VWoA has enjoyed a sales resurgance,
their parts division is now facing a serious problem...they didn't
factor in the escalating build quality and durability of their cars, and
now aren't selling enough parts.  Go to CarPoint and look at used A3
Jettas. You'll find fewer and fewer problems right up to 1996, where
Jettas get top marks in all categories.  I know this is just one
example, but my point is if the squeaky wheel is trying to get the
grease, then the internet is his amplifier.  Maybe he should have his
bearings replaced. (I did...under warranty...no problems whatsoever)

Oh, and by the way, with that Nazi stuff, you don't hear this guy
talking about how Honda, Toyota and all the other Japanese companies
were making stuff to kill American and British troops in WWII, do ya?
The point is moot, stupid, base, and arrogant.  Probably his great great
grandfather got a kick out of killing indians and owned slaves too.  I
won't hold this guy responsible for that!  What I will hold him
responsible for is having a hard time letting go of an issue, and for
quitting Prozac.

Jim
-
A1 parts for sale:
… 14 x 6" alloy wheels, 38mm offset, very similar to TSW Hockenheim R
and the wheels on the new Golf IV with polished lip, 1 month old - $350
(ask and Iíll e-mail you a pic, they really are impressive).
… Borbet Type "C"s 14x6", 38mm offset, six spoke alloys, in great
condition, with added factory VW centercaps.  - $400
… big throttle body with ported & polished intake manifold for 8valve
motor with gaskets - $100
… stock Scirocco 16 valve front swaybar - $30
… Scirocco 16 valve taillight (drivers side) - $30
… Rabbit vinyl front end bra (ripped & repaired) - $10
… Rectangular H4 style headlamps with bulbs - $20 (pair)
… Corrado Steering wheel - $40
… Rabbit 4 button steering wheel - $30
… Dual Outlet Manifold - $100
(All prices do not include shipping)  I will ship all parts C.O.D.
e-mail me at VWpride@mixi.net