Re: Nervous and Twitchy

---TBerk16 <TBerk16@aol.com> wrote:
> lowered springs 'cause there isn't too much gap on top of the 13"
tires/rims.
> Wiping the dust off the rear shocks revealed a red label with
'Gas-a-Just'
> (sp?) on them. Hard to read the manufacturer without pulling the
wheel.

Gas-A-Just and a red label is verbage used by KYB.  Cheap wanna-be
performance shock/strut inserts.  I had these on an 81 Rabbit and well
it had a similar feel to what you describe.  Also, given your
description of ride height it sounds like someone cut the stock
springs....Hmmmm

> If I don't keep the tank 3/4 full or more it wont handle right.
Jumps around
> on the freeway @ 60-75 mph. GIves no sense of confidence if it's
lightly
> loaded.

My cars seem to prefer 3/4 tank.

Some simple advice at this point is to spring the $900.00 odd dollars
for a Neuspeed/Koni or Bilstein Sport Handling package.

What are your intentions, just good fun street performance or Auto-X,
etc?

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan