parts is parts

Hello all. I've just bought a clean '78 with a bunch of mods done to it
to replace my wrecked (but not destroyed) 77. My intention is to
eventually put an A3 2.0 in it, but will have to first have it painted
to get rid of the boy-racer-type giant stripes that were sprayed on in a
half-assed way. Anyone reasonably close to Richmond, Virginia might want
to e-mail me if you're looking for parts for your early Scirocco. I
won't bore you with all the details, but there's some pretty cool stuff
for sale, including a complete reupholstered interior that I would say
is pristine, a set of G60 Corrado wheels (not BBS style) with new
Pirelli P700 195 50 15 rubber, 84 1.8 GTi engine w/G-grind & trans,
Neuspeed upper front stress bar, & lots of other stuff. Look around for
this stuff and tell me what other people are charging, and I'll probably
sell it for a little less if you're interested. There are body parts
available too. If you want to see what the parts car looks like, go to
Jason K's VW performance page, look in the autocross pictures & scroll
all the way to the bottom. "Sweet A1, Nice wheels" it says. The car is
silver. No, that aluminum oil pan is not for sale. Thanks, JR

john.ryland@sscoop.com