More strut stuff

Hi everyone

I have been interestedly reading all of the postings regarding struts
lately especially since I am very interested in adjustables.  It seems
that the overwhelming favorite is Koni.  I am wondering is this due to
experience with them vs. other adjustable brands or just a personal
preference.  I never hear anything about GAB, Spax, or Tokico.  Have
people had bad experiences with these brands?  Also, it seems that the
Tokico Illumina is the only reasonably priced one that is adjustable for
both compression and rebound.  Does one gain anything significant by
having compression adjustability?

Thanks

Damien