strut bearings

I hit a nasty little bump with my 88 16v yesterday that shook the entire car.
As a result,  I have a bad strut bearing/mount.  Does anyone have any
suggestions on what to replace it with? OEM or an aftermarket upgrade?I assume
I have to change both if I upgrade, is it ok to chage only the bad one for OEM
replacement?

On another note, you may all know this already, but the manually adjustable
clutch cable(as used on A1 8vs) will not fit on a 16v, at least not well.  It
is considerably shorter and will not make the bend into the fire wall without
binding.   Are manually adjustable cables available that will fit a 16v?  The
dealer I spoke with doesnt know.  The Oem dealer cable for a 16v
(self-adjusting) is $104.  I was able to get mine through United Import in
Buffalo NY for about half that.

happy motoring
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Greg Faust                                     84 GTI
home:  716.652.3229                            87 16v Scirocco
work:  716.878.5227                            88 16v Scirocco
email: faustge@buffalostate.edu
"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol"
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw