Re: [Legal,Copyrights,Long]

Hi!

Like I said, it's an area that has a lot of uncertainty in it. I don't
know the details of this case... (nor am I a huge expert in this field) :)

1) perhaps VW has a copyright on GTi, if they're the first ones to come up
w/ that combination.

2) Maybe it was deemed that Suzuki was going after sales on the notoriety
and fame that VW had created and associated w/ the term "GTi". This would
qualify as Suzuki attempting to make profits by using VW logos.

Dunno for sure. :)

~C

On Tue, 6 Jan 1998 dmahoney@triware.nf.ca wrote:

|ok...... but  didn't VW go after and win against suzuki  in court for
| the GTi label???
|

|Dave Mahoney
|Technical Representative
|Triware Technologies Inc
|208 Kenmount Road
|St John's , Newfoundland
|A1B 3R2
|
|Tel (709) 758-2320 , Ext114
|Fax (709) 579-5533
|Email: dmahoney@triware.nf.ca

     Christopher Mende             ICEMT         O: 515-294-6738
     www.icemt.iastate.edu           @           F: 515-294-5531
     bayern.me.iastate.edu    Iowa State Univ    H: 515-292-6658