Re: Scirocco Copyright....?

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:20:40 +0000 clfitz@ns1.cwv.net writes:

>I work as a tour guide for a whitewater rafting company, and one
>model of the rafts that we use is the Scirocco!  They're made in
>Salmon, Idaho, so whether VW knows about the name is in question.
>Just fuel for the fire, I guess...
>
>Carlee

I think you can name any product "Scirocco" and sell it as is without any
problem. I think the problems happen when you use the name in conjunction
with the VW logo. (Kinda like the list t-shirts I had made. SHHH!) Since
I made a small amount of shirts and wasn't looking for or making 6 digit
figures from it (Read, its a hobby thing baby.) VW probably doesn't care.

Im not sure how the copyright or registered trademark laws work or
anything but that's my gut feeling on it. I could be completely wrong but
at least for me it makes some sense.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and