Re: Stock rule's

At 8:31 PM -0800 01/04/1998, Paul Krucke wrote:
>---Iain Mannix <mannix@privatei.com> wrote:
>> I, and other people, like to leave the timing belt cover off the
>engine.
>> Locally, no one cares - it is illegal to have it off - everyone
>realizes
>> that it weighs 2 pounds or less and there's no performance advantage
>to be
>> had by leaving it off.  Go to Nationals without one, people all of a
>sudden
>> begin to care,
>
>Wow, so like would it be a sin to REMOVE my REAR wiper jug & pump?
>Hmmm what else....Oh geeze almost forgot I do not have any HOOD
>insulation on my hood. Uh Oh the 2lbs that saves might shave a second
>a two...;-)
>
>==
>-Paul

Well, that depends.  If _all_ US model Sciroccos came with hood insulation,
and if _all_ US model Sciroccos came with rear wipers, then yes, it is
illegal.  I know Rabbits came without rear wipers, and gee, mine is not on
my car.  Imagaine that!  Heh.  Update/backdate - you can mix and match
parts(or lack thereof) from any car on the same line - for the Rabbits, I
can use any Rabbit part(or lack thereof), as it reads something like
"Rabbit(all)."  If I am not mistaken, the Scirocco line reads something
like "Scirocco, 8v, all."  So, if a US model did not have something which
yours does, and you want it gone, take it off legally, provided you are in
DSP.  Not legal in ES.  Pretty neat, eh?

I.Mannix