[scca] Wheels

---Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> wrote:
> > 4 14" Teardrop wheels straight w/good clearcoat (no pitting)
> > -or-
> > 4 14x6 38mm ET Lightest weight alloys for Auto-X
>
> Paul, are these going to be your auto-x wheels?  If so, why not get
them
> with a 32mm offset and you won't have a reason to use spacers?  Also,
> one of the lightest wheels I have seen is the TSW quad.  I know, it
> might not be the prettiest, but at 9.9 pounds for the 13x5.5", the
14x6"
> can't be that much more. (maybe 12lbs?)  OEM VW rims are generally
> strong as hell, but just as heavy.  An OEM basket weave gti rim weighs
> approximately 16lbs!  Just some thoughts.

True, 14x6 32ET Hubcentric would be great.  Anyone know a maker?  I
would have loved to use 13"s but with the 10.1 front brakes they wont
fit :-(.

List Members your MISSION should you choose to accept-- find the
following;

   Light weight 14x6 wheels with either the stock 38ET hubcentric, or
better yet 14x6 32ET Hubcentric.

I found found some nice 14x6.5 & 14x7's but I think that would be
illegal in ES.

Also, what is the weight of a stock teardrop?

==
-Paul
http://home1.gte.net/vwfan
90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v