Early gti wheels (was Re: FS/Trade: Suspension, Wheels, Tires)

Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> wrote:

> Paul, are these going to be your auto-x wheels?  If so, why not get them
> with a 32mm offset and you won't have a reason to use spacers?  Also,
> one of the lightest wheels I have seen is the TSW quad.  I know, it
> might not be the prettiest, but at 9.9 pounds for the 13x5.5", the 14x6"
> can't be that much more. (maybe 12lbs?)  OEM VW rims are generally
> strong as hell, but just as heavy.  An OEM basket weave gti rim weighs
> approximately 16lbs!  Just some thoughts.

Since I put snow tires on my oem 13"'s,  I've been thinking about getting
new rims this Spring.   I really want 15's,  but just found a used set of
"early GTI 14 x 6 alloys with good 185-60 Pirelli P6 Tires" for $150.   I
haven't seen them yet, so I will assume they are in good shape til then.  I
really could care less about the tires, but it sure would make finances
better if they were ok for this year.  I'm not auto-xing, just looking for
a little better street performance....

So, any opinions on the Gti wheels?  Does this sound like a decent price?
Anyone have them on their 'roco and have a picture online?

Thanks for any opinions!

Greg :)

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

Member & Webmaster -- Cincinnati Volkswagen Club

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm