lleff@imisys.com: Other: EIP Lawsuit

From: lleff@imisys.com
To: corrado-l@corrado-club.com
Cc: glxtasy@juno.com, jdw8@po.CWRU.Edu, polidori1@aol.com,
eiptuning@aol.com
Subject: Other: EIP Lawsuit
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 10:43:01 -0500

Gang -

Due to the "excitement" I previously caused on this list by openly
discussing my disgust w/EIP's business practices, crappy products, etc.
(not to mention the fact that Rich, from EIP, has been known to read this
list), I've been keeping my progress quiet.  However, since I continue to
see posts about folks giving their business to EIP, I wanted to pass
along
an update.

First a quick summary:  Last December I purchased $3k worth of goodies
from
EIP (cams, heavy duty valve springs, intake manifold, etc.).  After 8
months of typical use, one of the *CRANE* valve springs failed resulting
in
a trashed VR6 block / head.  After several frustrating conversations with
EIP's Rich, Drew & JJ, they basically told me to F*CK off.  I then dumped
another $5k into my car to get it back on the road (with a few
improvements, of course).  Oh yeah, just to prove to me that they prefer
screw their customers, EIP also agreed to evaluate my used cylinder head
&
offer me a price if they were interested.  They never offered me a price,
converted it into one of the "high-flow" heads & sold it to another
customer!  I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN A PENNY FOR THIS HEAD!!!

Now for the update: I reported them to the Maryland Better Business
Bureau
& hired an attorney to begin the process of taking EIP to court.  The BBB
promptly accepted the complaint and contacted EIP to learn their side of
the story -- EIP never responded (big surprise).  My lawyer put together
formal letter of complaint offering EIP several options:

1.  tell their side of the story
2.  Reimburse me for the money I spent repairing my VR6
3.  Pay me for the cylinder head OR give me an equivalent part
4.  offer me a settlement

Another big shocker - no response from EIP.  So, now 4 months & $5k
later... EIP continues to do business.  My next step will be to haul
these
guys into court.

If anyone else (Ed Thai????) has had problems with EIP's method of
conducting business (i.e., "screw 'em all"), please contact me and/or the
BBB.   If you're in the market for some VW parts and/or service, I'd
recommend you steer clear of EIP.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all --

Larry!