Re: My Scirocco: R.I.P, must read!

At 02:32 PM 12/31/98 -0500, Rich Zuk wrote:
>       Ugh,  or a different make car?     I  spoke to the guys at Kaztech
>in NJ and they were sorry to tell me that I bought  a money pit.   Here
>goes: My 87 2.0L 16V Needs:

I think you can split this into what must be done by a shop vs what you can
do yourself.

Also there is the things to do now vs things that can wait.

Engine work is needfull based on the compression test I'd think and this
seems to be the only killer to the plan.

All the other stuff, inc. axles, bearings and such can be done in yer own
garage, for relatively cheap. Much less sticker ( repair bill ) shock that
you are prob. realing from now.

Think it over, perhaps look for another car and transfers the best of the
two into one killer machine.

hang in there,
TBerk
One '81 with new ( old ) engine and in need of suspension.
One '78 with "Who knows?" I haven't yet touched it much.