RE: Gauge swap?

Methinks the Scirocco cluster is fundamentally the same.  Haven't seen the back of them, though.
Actually, seems to me that apart from minor variations vis-a-vis having a Tach-sized clock/E-light (upshft
indicator)/fuel gauge location/MFA/etc. any of the following clusters would fit:

Scirocco 1982-1988
Jetta 1981-1984
Cabriolet 1981/2?-1993?
Golf 2 and Jetta 2 1985-1992
and, of course, any VW Fox.

Cool, eh?  Now, if the wiring is the same remains to be tested (by me).

Ever noticed the Scirocco 2 mirrors on the Fox?  I've been trying to figure out (for future reference) if the
windshield is the same as the S2's, as well.  At least we know we can get S2 rear turnsignal lenses off of any
Aston Martin Virage we find at the local wrecking yard!

Dave
'86 8v

--------