engines q's

Hi all

I am still contemplating what to do for my 2.0.  I was on the phone
today I called velocity about pistons.  They recomended JE forged
pistons.  I thought forged pistons were bad for street cars.  Like
they clapped like a diesel when you start them and they use oil.
these were available in a variety of different bores..
they would run like $625 for the set w/ rings.  I am told that I can
run a bore of 84.5mm giving me total displacement around 2081cc's not
bad a little pricey.

they best price I have found for a stock cast piston was GPR at $360
for the set for standard(82.5) and about $20 more for 2nd oversize
83mm.  Wasn't it Brett that was quoted $325 a month ago.  he must
have connections or something.

so now I need opinions.  will forged pistons be ok in a daily
driver(summer only).  is the extra cc's worth the money.  Have forged
pistons become more advanced in recent years to have better cold
characteristics.  will they stand the abuse??  I want a motor that
has decent torque that cranks when you wind it up.  I want Power!  I
plan on running shrick 268's and having the head ported.

While I am at it another Q what about balencing.  are there different
kinds of balencing.  I know some shops balence engines on something
that spins the crank, pistons, rods,  flywheel and tells where to
take off weight.  or do they just weigh each piece and make them all
equal.  caus I can get my hands on a balence and do that with a
dremel.
I guess that is it for now.  any opinions welcome.  I want to do this
right the first time

BTW that 2.0 short block is for sale again.  My friend didn't want it
after all.

Thanks
Tony