power mirrors, wiring help

hey, I bought power mirrors from the junkyard and installed them on the
doors, I then hooked up the wires (I had to make a new harness cause the
one at the junk yard was cut up) so I connected the corresponding colors
to each mirror. I then hooked up the black/yellow wire to a power
source, and the white/green to the rear defroster button. and nothing.
Did I hook it up all correctly or do I need to exchange my mirrors, or
switch.
BTW I put in power mirrors cause I got new door panels that were in
great shape from the car and it had the switch mounted and they were
cheap. Does anybody know if the power windows from a Quantum will bolt
right up? It looks like they will (same wholes and all) the rocco window
is much bigger but it looks like the track and cable are close.
thanks
I realy apreciate this list. I know I take more than I give but I am new
and learning.
thanks again
c-ya,
dave g.