Re: Cat Back Exhausts???

> Ceramic coated??  Stainless?  Aluminized??
> I live in NYC and will travel Northeast roads.  They love to drop salt on
> the roads here.  I plan on keeping the car.  So, I've been told Stainless
> won't rust, and the aluminized will last 2 to 3 years.
> Ceramic coated?  The exterior??  How would this benefit??  Since water
and
> air is a byproduct that gets spit out of the cat, it would rust the pipe
> inside out.
> Rich

I've not bought an exhaust yet to do this but this is my plan, i can't
afford a stainless system.  My Dad has an HKS exhaust on his car that he
coated.  Since they coat the tubes both inside and out, it should help with
extending the life of the pipes, and keeping heat in the pipes instead of
in the engine bay, this is if you coat your whole system.  I remember the
guy from EM sports had some good info on ceramic coatings.  Maybe he can
chime in if he's listening, about a stainless exhaust vs a ceramic coated
aluminized system.

HTH

Owen
87 16v