Re: Cheep 16s!

www.tirerack.com,
>> and look for 16" wheels for any A2 VW, you get two selections that
are
>> listed at under $80! The MSW Type 55 and OZ Mito.

Don't wory about the build quality.
The wheels are 'out of fashion', thats why they're so cheap.

You can go to most wheel distributers (not retailers) and pick up some
smoking deals. They can also 'dual drill' a set of 4x114 wheels to
4x100, if they have a lug cover.  Most places can also 'move' a lug hole
2mm with special inserts.

when buying closeout wheels, look for size first, then offset, then lug
pattern.  Sometimes they can modify the pattern but not the offset...

I got a set of MOMO Quazar copys that were naked (ready for plating) and
went out of fashon. I picked these up for $20 each. I powdercoated them
white- VOILA! New wheels!

Like agent mulder once said...'The deals are out there'...

or something like that...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com
      VW PHOTOS!     http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta uGLi, 87 Foxwagen