RE: [TECH][Windshield Wiper Shaft]

>I am trying to remove the driver's side wiper shaft. How do you get the
>linkage loose from the wiper shaft. The Bently refers to it as the relay
>rods which connect to the ball pin. How do you disconnect them? TIA!

they simply pop right off...  get a nice big screwdriver and pry them
off...  are you removing the driver's shaft because you went to a single
wiper?  if so, you have to take the linkage out and drill out the rivets
that hold the entire driver's side post in place.  even if you take the
shaft out, you'll get the post still stickin out of the hole.  BTDT.....

chris
86 16V scirocco