Re: running too rich/emissions

Well your injector seals were leaking air in and increasing the idle. When
you replaced them and stopped the air leak your idle went down because the
engine is recieving less air. just turn your idle up on the back of your
throttle body. I would get the CO screw set as well by a competant mechanic
with an exhaust gas analyzer

At 11:58 AM 12/26/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Farmracer@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> I have installed new injector seals, and it starts and immediately dies-
most
>> annoying- it has a terrible skip at idle but if you drive it runs good.
it is
>> worst when cold but not exclusive to being cold. if you hold it at 3k as
soon
>> as it starts for about a minute it will stay running.
>>
>> Ken
>> snowy wolfie 8v
>> snowy lx 5.0
>>
>> What about the distributor? Mine did the exact same thing, turned out to
be a blown distributor seal letting oil in and fouling up the spark.

>Feenix...
>
>--

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- Buick Park Avenue: I am older than 34 of the 50
states."