Re: RE: Headlight aiming

At 12:58 AM 12/24/98 PST, you wrote:
>what about headlights from behind? Is it just me or does everyone else
>get blinded from the side mirrors, pefect height when some one is behind
>me.
>c-ya,
>dave

I get blinded, too.  It drives me crazy, because my eyes a little bit
extra-sensitive to bright light, I suppose from years of wearing contacts.
I don't wear them anymore, but my eyes are still sensitive.

Headlights have gotten brighter, too, in recent years, but without any
effort applied to controlling where all that extra light goes.  Seems like
they just stick in a billion-watt bulb and let the light go where it wants
to.  The Europeans, OTOH, actually engineer the reflector and lens to
really aim the light, which accounts for their superiority.  I wish some
people in the USA would try that!

Carlyle