RE: front end mystery

I'd agree with this. It could also be a caster issue, but I don't know if
that's adjustable or not on these cars. The more you lay the top of the axis
of steering rotation back (i.e. slide the top of the strut rearward...I
always get this mixed-up...negative caster?), the more stable the car
becomes at speed, and the less twitchy it is. Conversely, you loose some
steering sensitivity, especially at lower speeds. If it's too far forward,
the wheels steer too easily, and that _could_ be similar to what you're
describing. If it's adjustable, you could have them check this.

The toe is probably the issue, though. Incorrect caster could make your car
behave the way you say, but unless it's way off it's usually fairly
predictable, while you say your car is very unpredictable. Just another area
to check if it isn't the toe-out...

Neal