EBrake Frozen???

Hi all,
The other day, I went to go to drive my car home.  It was 15 deg (F) or
so and when i released the parking brake, it was frozen.  After a little
while of driving, it unfreezes itself.  I am afraid to use the parking
brake when its cold out because I dont want to burn my brakes up back
there.  Does anyone know how I would fix this? Or how I would go about
replacing the cables (since I kinda need some new ones).

TIA
Pete
87 16v