Break in Period.

Well, I must first say that the car is now running, my compliments to the
list and to all that provided vital info.  Not perfectly, but it runs very
well.  Briefly, I replaced the old carbeurator setup and replaced it with a
1.8l (JH- fuel injection) from a 83 GTi.  I also added a K&N air filter
with a Weber TB.  I used a wide-ratio tranny from my 81 Scirocco, but let
me tell ya.....it fucking boots (pardon the french.  If any one needs info
on how to do this, let me know (it involves more than you may think).

I now have a question which I can't find the correct answer to.  I rebuilt
the motor (head done, pistons, bearings, gaskets, etc. all new), but my
concern is, how long should I drive conservatively until the motor has been
'broken in'.  I spent so much time that it would be a shame should
something catastrophic occur early in the motor's life.  I have tried to
drive conservatively, but it's hard to do so.  Also, the car starts up
fine, but after a long period of high revving (ie. driving on the highway),
the motor shuts off but has no problem starting up again.  Any
thoughts............and once again thanks everyone.....

Merry Christmas and all the best,

Sal

84 Rabbit (1.8 JH)
81 Scirocco (awating for a transplant- 2.0l 16V??)
67 Peugeot 404 (stored for the winter)