Re: calipers

"Crane, Damien" wrote:

> OK here's my deal:
> Frankenrabbit (ProRally car) has a brake setup from a Scirocco 16V and we
> run 14 wheels and rally tires--which is fine.

Same exact deal here.

> ...it makes sense to try to make a setup that we can (relatively) easily swap
> to that will work with the 13 inch wheels -- and they will be good spares for
> rallies.
> My question is:  What is needed to make this happen?  If we had hubs all set
> up with bearings, disks and calipers, would we be set?  Or am I missing
> something?

Why would you bother to have the hubs n' stuff attached? Why not just swap the
calipers? They bolt right off in 40 seconds each. And then theres the matter of
taking the disk off. I say to run studs instead of the regular lugs and just
slide the rotor on with no set screw.

> AND, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a quick-disconnect fitting
> for brake lines?

Wow! Now why havevn't I heard anything about something like this? This would be
the absolute coolest. Perhaps a call to Summit, Pegasus, or whomever would be in
order...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut