Re: Favorite Winter Tires????

I have Goodyear Eagle GWs that came on the car when I bought it.  Made in
Germany no less?  Haven't had the chance to see if they are worth a darn but it
looks like they will.  F1 rain tire tread pattern littered with sipes.  Do you
drive on snow more or ice more.  Sipes grip the ice and snow holding ability
makes for snow traction.  A good snow tire will actually hold snow in the
tread, and grip the snow on the ground way better than rubber.

jim

George Ciordas wrote:

> Hey List members,
>
> I'm  looking to buy some winter tires after work.  Do any of you guys out
> there have any
>
> good or bad experiences that you would like to share?
>
> Currently I'm looking at the Pirelli Winter ICE,  Yokohama Gardex and maybe
> Michelin Alpins.
>
> Right now the Pirelli rank the highest on my list due to price... but those
> Yoks look mighty good.
>
> Regards,
>
> George Ciordas

Jim Buck