Re: 16v Euro intake cam

---VWcorr200@aol.com wrote:

> I have been told that a 16v  Euro intake cam can be made from
> a 16v exhaust cam.

This is not true, it's not equivalent to the Euro intake cam.

> From what I have been told, the timing belt
> end can be cut off and welded to the end of the U.S. exhaust cam.
> Then, the exhaust cam can be used as an intake cam.  Is this true?  How
> does it affect the integrity of the cam?
>
> Has anyone tried this?
>
> Patrick

I've heard of this modification before, but nothing more specific.  I
would guess it works, but why screw around so much.  Just buy a Euro
intake cam (if that's what you want), less hassle.  And it's a known
entity.  If it's max performance you're after, bite the 16v bullet and
get a set of Schricks.  Anyone tried the new Autotech 16v cams yet?  I've
read that they outperform the 'benchmark' Schrick 260's. (Interesting,
as I"ll be running the Schricks in '99).

==Brett