Re: Young Scirocco drivers

Hey there!

> To all young rocco drivers
>
> Nothing's wrong with young people driving roccos
> but in my town i think they don't know the "value"  of a rocco
> for them (the kids on my town)  i think they see the rocco as a cheap
> sport car, and most of them does not take care of the roccos
> so then again most roccos here are crashed .
> there are other things involved on the kids on the road
> here you can buy alcohol at 18 and other stuf that can make this
> post a very long story

There it is!! The young irresponsible drunk driver!!
Hey, I've heard of it too, and I've even been with DD
driving cars, but I know what's important to me, and
that is the roc! I'm not going to risk loosing my licence or even my
life for boozing and driving. If the situation does arise, I leave the
roc at home and then get pounded!!! :)

>     I can partially agree with this statement. Younger people don't
> respect all the cars that they have, not just VW's, because most of
the
> time they didn't even buy it themselves.

True. And I have seen. Don't think just a $2000 Scirocco, I'm talking
a $23,000 GTI and Wolfsberg Golfs! Me, I worked like a dogg, and went
out and bought my rocco! I didn't ask for any help at all. And it is
so true that you do appreciate something more when you buy it with
your own cash!

>     I just don't want everyone to develope a stereotype in their
heads
> now against young people, so let me tell you about my relationship
with
> my 'baby'. I worked hard and bought it myself. It was comlpetely
stock
> and as much as I didn't want to ruin that, I wanted to personalize my
> rocco. It started with a few bolt ons and developed into a
> turbocharger. I treat my car better then my girlfriend. I will never
> let anyone smoke in it, sit on it, or disrespect it in anyway. I will
> not drive fast on any unknown roads due to fear of hitting
unsuspected
> potholes. And my rocco gets the best of everything. Never crashed it
> either. I am 23 years old and have had my rocco for over 2 years now.
> Oh yeah, have never let any slimmy mechanic touch her yet. I do
> everything myself.

That's the way to do everything. I started off stock and I'm working
up the modification ladder. I treat it
better than anything, and if there is one thing I have learned is if
you treat that puppy with respect, it will treat you the same way. As
for all these young roc drivers (I included) I never saw any post up
saying anything about them!!! I dunno... :p

That's my $0.02

Thanks
==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v
In search for a Rabbit GTI
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/scirocco2.htm
  -The nicest looking Scirocco in a 12 Kilmoter radius.-
(Actually, the only Scirocco within a 12 Kilometer radius!!)