Timing Chain (16V)

Hello All,
    I was wondering if anybody knows anything about changing the Timing
Chain between the two camshafts on the 16V motors?  I have a noise that
sounds almost like a dead lifter or two, but it seems to be coming from the
Distributor side of the engine.  It has about 105,000 miles on it and I
think it might be time to change the Timing Chain.  If anybody has done it
and can give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.  I'm pretty sure I'm going
to change it just to be on the safe side, but I'd like to know what it is
going to entail.
    By the way, anybody living in Pennsylvania, you might want to watch out
for a couple of VW dealerships down there.  I just bought my car (86
Scirocco 16V) from a guy who always had it dealer serviced (yeah, yeah, I
know, everybody says that, but I actually have records), and the dealer
apparently had trouble finding their ass with both hands and a sophisticated
navigation system.  I finally ironed out all of the miscellaneous f*&k up's
the dealer included with every service.  If anybody want's the heads up on
these dealers, send me a message.  I'll be happy to dig up the name in the
records.

                                                                    Tom.

1986 Scirocco 16V - A Damn Slick Car