Re: rocco maintenence to date

Hello everyone!
High maintenance no way

I bought my rocco about two years ago for $1300,
the interior was a POS  -----  got leather's for arround $100 18 mos
ago it had some body detailing to be made
the f#$%&#$%ng sunroof  which  i have try to get it to work smoothly
for about two years now and i can't get to it

to shorten the story I  had spent about $1500 on it  and  i think i
have still to spend another grand to make it look and feel the way i
really want .

but i have never stalled on the freeway, no major engine work
so when i got an 11 year old car (now 13) i expected to work on it
since most roccos arround my town are driven by kids (16~21) and most
of them are crash or wrecked

cheers
> >"high maintenance 'rocco" is redundant...   ;0
> >
> >Don't feel bad - I paid $4200 for my 16V in June, and by the time I get it
> >back
> >today or tomorrow, I will have over $3k into it SINCE - some of which is
> >for upgrades but a lot of which is repairs..
>
>     I must say that I have always been puzzled by these threads. I have found
> all of my VWs to be incredibly low maintenance, low cost vehicles. My Scirocco
> hasn't given me ANY problems, even though it has had a turbo on it since it was
> new (800mi)... All of the other VWs I've got are more or less stock, and they
> have all been close to zero failure.
>
> Note that I am making a strong distinction between failure and maintenance.
>

> -Noah
> -83 turbo 'rocco
> -83 16v cabbie (this one can't break down, it's not even fully assembled...)
> -87 8v gti ("I'm not dead yet"@236k miles)
> -see my cars @:
> http://home.earthlink.net/~pchandyman/vwclubofdurham/default.htm

Martin Rodriguez