Re: rocco maintenence to date

>"high maintenance 'rocco" is redundant...   ;0
>
>Don't feel bad - I paid $4200 for my 16V in June, and by the time I get it
>back
>today or tomorrow, I will have over $3k into it SINCE - some of which is
>for upgrades but a lot of which is repairs..

    I must say that I have always been puzzled by these threads. I have found
all of my VWs to be incredibly low maintenance, low cost vehicles. My Scirocco
hasn't given me ANY problems, even though it has had a turbo on it since it was
new (800mi)... All of the other VWs I've got are more or less stock, and they
have all been close to zero failure.

Note that I am making a strong distinction between failure and maintenance.

-Noah
-83 turbo 'rocco
-83 16v cabbie (this one can't break down, it's not even fully assembled...)
-87 8v gti ("I'm not dead yet"@236k miles)
-see my cars @:
http://home.earthlink.net/~pchandyman/vwclubofdurham/default.htm