[non-rocco] GLI 2.0 bucking

A friend of mine has a 91 GLi 2.0 that does some serious bucking at low
engine speeds.  It only does it when you're trying to coast in gear at low
rpms.  It does not do it when accelerating hard or clutching out from a
stop.

 I know a bunch of us discussed this not long ago.  I remember someone had
said that most likely there was a crack in the intake boot.  I don't think
that this is it because it doesn't do it when accelerating.  Any thoughts?
 What is the symptom of a glazed clutch disc?  Would that cause this
problem?

Thanks.

Greg Faust