Re: how can i make my teardrops shine....

>speaking of this project..... my scirocco friends and i were
contemplating
>buying a home powdercoating kit. has any one had experience with these?
we
>have access to an oven that would be quite sufficent for any thing from
>wheels, fenders or strut bars.
>tia!
>-alan
>87 16v

The Eastwood Company sells these- i think they're in the $150 range.
VW Trends (or Hot VWs)did a review on it not too long ago...
You MUST use a seperate oven. Go to a garage sale or find a friend
who'se moving or upgrading....whataever... Ya gotta use an oven that
won't have food in it. Supposedly, it'll poision you...

The bigger your oven, the bigger the piece you can coat...

There are something like 15 colors available, but The eastwood company
is known to mark up the 'hard to find' items. You may be able to get the
powder elsewhere for MUCH cheaper.  My friend has a blast cabnet, and
Eastwood sells the black carbide (whatever)for $75 for 50#. My friend
found it at some local Co-op or hardware store or something for  $15 for
100#. when you pick it up locally, you don't have to pay heavy shipping
bills either...

The kit looks pretty complete, I'm going to pick one up for myself when
I get settled in the new place. I'll keep you posted...

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen