Re: Wheel Offset

38mm offset is standard OEM fitment for 14x6 VW rims, but they will take 40mm to 32mm with ease.
Only when you start to go up in size does it start to be a factor.  BTW, 32mm offset is the best for
ES class autcrossing, because the rules allow for 1/4" wider track at each wheel.

jim

Gregory Davis wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> What is the recommended offset for 14x6 wheels? ET38 rings a bell, but I
> need to be 100% sure.  I'm at work and have a chance to possibly get a
> great deal on a couple sets of TSW wheels, but I can't remember the offset :( .  My 15x7 is ET35.
>
> Also, is there an easy way to make sure the wheels are not out of round?
> The guy told me they are discontinued models, but I feel there MUST be
> something wrong with them.  I couldn't get this lucky, could I?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Greg :)  (stressing... doesn't want to miss a good deal!)
> 1985 Scirocco

Jim Buck
1990 Passat Wagon 2.0 16v
1987 Scirocco 16v "lil 109"