Re: Air Box Modifications

There are two things you can do to your air box.

One of them is drilling holes in the bottom of the box.  I really don't know
if this helps in performance of the car, but it does make it louder (growl
more).  And it does allow for more hot air to enter the engine.

The other is what I did.  I made a custom ram air intake.  I draw cooler air
for under the bumper.  It is no louder than stock.  Does it make a difference?
Yes, When it is hot outside 85+ and at the altitude I'm at 4300.'  It makes a
big difference in performance of my car.

HTH
Dave
85 Scirocco GTX