Re: Stereo wiring question

At 04:02 AM 12/12/98 EST, TBerk16@aol.com wrote:

>Surely this one company is not the only place in the world that can provide a
>connector that will fit a 6 gauge wire to the amp.

Heh!  I was able to use #8, after calling a local hifi store that sells MTX
stuff (I bought the amp used).  It turns out that #8 is what it's really
supposed to use anyway.  Still, it was tight fit.  I had to screw the
terminal out all the way, and the wire barely went in.

I did check an electrical supply house that I do a lot of business with,
and they didn't know of anything available.  I can't say I'm very
surprised, though.  Those places don't deal with this type of stuff.

An electronics store didn't even occur to me!  <Duuhhh...>

>Consult electronic,
>automotive shops. I have found a local auto parts shop that has large gauge
>connectors-  ( I have been planning a single wire bus grounding system for
the
>engine bay based on a long welding cable I came across for cheap. )
>
>If you send me some specs and or measurements and an address, something good
>might happen.  :)
>
>TBerk

Hey, man, thanks for the offer!  I'd take you up on it if I hadn't got it
in.  It works pretty well,  but I need some good speakers and a sub now.
(Santa?  You hear that?)

I *would* love to see some plans for the grounding bus, though.  That
sounds pretty cool.  I love doing stuff like that.  Any chance you could
scan 'em and post 'em on a web page???

Carlyle