starting

Hi all, another newbie here.

I have an 87 16v rocco (I'm the original owner) and have had good luck
sofar. (95000 miles)

The one thing that always has been a problem is cold weather starting. When
the temp drops below 32F, it ususally takes quite a bit of cranking before
it starts. I've tried tune ups (by a dealer shop) but that didn't do much
good.  The winters in east PA have been mild the past few years, so I
haven't been motivated to fix it. I have a feeling this year will be
different.

I appreciate any suggestions,

Brad