FW:

Hello all,

	I have a tech question for you all. I've heard of "Dry sumps" for oil and
my understanding is that the oil is not stored underneath the engine block
but somewhere else where the oil pump circulates it back to the engine thus
negating the need for an oil pan. My Question is if my thinking is wrong (
no flames please :^) )or right, how does this work ? and why don't all cars
use this system? . I've heard it mentioned it is used on Porsche's and
maybe race cars but nowhere else. Please enlighten me. TIA

Steven Min

95 Golf III
86 Vanagon GL
81 Scirocco S