RE: pace setter exhaust?

this was just asked by someone else not too long ago.  the consensus
seems to be if you can afford something better, get it.  pacesetter is
bottom of the line, but contrary to what some people said, it isn't
crap.  i have the cat back system on my 16V scirocco.  the reason i got
it was that it was only 110 dollars and my stock system was literally
falling apart.  the pipe rusted completely through right where it joined
the back of the resonator.  all of the very loud exhaust came out from
right there, AND the resonator was blown too, so i pretty much had a cat
and a sagging straight pipe....  and no money.  although it didn't fit
right out of the box, i took a hack saw to it and "fixed" it (the pipes
didn't insert into each other far enough).  the rear muffler is also a
*little* crooked, but it sounds great, looks awesome too.  and i did
notice a bit of more "oomph" in the top end, but that may be because my
car was so much quieter it just felt faster.  oh, it's not quiet, just
compared to a straight pipe, it is.  very mellow sound, no raspberries,
and it doesn't sound (or LOOK) like a rice muffler (with the huge
tips....), i like it a lot.  i've gotten comments about it, "your car
sounds like a race car, dude!!"  if you can afford something better, i'd
say get it, but it's worth the 100 or so dollars you'll spend on it.  if
this system cost 200 dollars i would have been disappointed.  about the
headers, i can't tell you from personal experience, but someone wrote
about having one once...... maybe they will respond again.

chris
86 16V scirocco