Re: Ron's Parts

let me comment since I've personally seen two of these from RPI.

two words, don't bother.

they take the 5cyl turbo manifold, whackoff the 5th runner and weld
back the t-body plate, and weld on or close off the various other
vaccume holes. The manifold IS a hell of a lot longer and straiter
and the runners are larger in diameter, i think they claim an 18% hp
increase by bolting it up to a p/p head. This is where I scream
bullshit. The manifold does NOT line up to the head intake ports. the
audi manifold ports are oval in shape, much more so than the sock
intake holes on our head, the overlap is insane, to port match the
manifold to the head, the gasket would be less than 2mm thick in
a few spots, which is NOT good. The bolt holes all line up, but
the air holes are vastly different sizes. Also the audi manifold sits
on an upward angle greater than the stock, who knows if it will clear
the firewall or the hood, it sure didnt look like it would on my
friends Corrado, and i dunno if the throttle cable would be loose or
kinked in any way since the throttle body will not be sitting level.

if you really want that little HP or torque increase switch to an A2
manifold and move all your fuel management over, or just get the
audi-5000 t-body, port matched manifold to it and maybe have the
manifold port and polished, i sure opened mine up a ton, had almost 2
cups of metal shavings I removed for the restrictive parts of the
runners.

 Ryan