[PAINT] Flash Silver-- CANT GET RIGHT COLOR

Okay guys,
    I am at a loss.  I have an 87 16v, Flash Silver Metallic, color code LP7Y... or whatever it is.  I got Euro Bumpers, and I need them painted.
    So, I go to a friend at the paint store... and he looks up the paint code and it comes up as Flash Silver Metallic. No problem, we think, and mix the paint.
    So, we spray the bumpers, and VOILA! They're the wrong fucking color! They are a stark bluish-silver, like the Canadian Arctic Silver. FUCK.  I figure the paint guy screwed up, so I go back tonight, and he mixes another pint... and it comes out exactly the same color.
    So, I go to another paint store... same deal.  Each of them has 2 Flash Silvers and 2 Arctic Silvers for 1987... and I don't want to wind up in the same situation again with this paint.
    So, I'm looking through the 1986 colors-- and lo and behold- only one LP7Y, and it's called Flash Silver! And more importantly, it's the same exact color as my car!  Holy shit, I think to myself, FINALLY! A match... so I write down the PPG paint code.
    Sure enough, the PPG paint code for 1986 Flash Silver is the *SAME* code as it is for 1987 Flash Silver, i.e. the one that is NOT my color.
    So, I go to the counter and start talking to the guy there.  I told him I am looking for bla bla bla.  He says "Holy cow! A 1987 16V? That's the exact same car I have!"  Turns out he just tried to paint his car last week-- shot the whole car the wrong damn color, too.  We park our cars next to each other, they're TOTALLY different colors. And yet, my bumpers match his car perfectly.

    ARGH...so I am crying out for help at the top of my lungs!

    Any advice/experiences/expertise/knowledge would be/is/will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
       Jason

ShareIt! Inc.
Po Box 844
Greensburg PA 15601

Phone: (724) 850-8186
Fax: (724) 850-8187

ShareIt! - Your shareware registration service on the Internet at
http://www.shareit.com